Thursday, January 19, 2006

i feel gay today..

a'a.. it's not what u think.. gay in this context is cheerful, jovial, merry dan yg sewaktu dengannya.

(menung sat... time mandi tadi idea meluap2. la ni dah takde pulak..)

i came accross this gay word during my predip in ITM, which was 10 years ago. perghh.. cepatnya masa berlalu. learning english was no joke man. i had 6 months of english then continue with 3 years compulsory english learning. kalo pedap pun dah tak leh cakap apa la.. angguk2 geleng2 pun tarak guna. at one time, mak pun cam heran2. anak dia sorang ni dah jadik minah saleh. cakap ngan mak pun "i-u". hehehe..

i was not really an english literate person. bapak & mak cakap BI. but it was not our prime language kat umah. i'm lost if i watch english movie without having my eyes scroll on the subtitle. and i remember laughing watching english movie semata2 sebab dengar ada org gelak dalam movie tu.. hehehe..

my 1st school was SRKTM. it was a mix school. tapi bangsa lain still cakap BM. so i was not totally exposed to "english language". i still remember during an exam, i curi2 dengar org sebelah i explain to org sebelah dia what is IRON. yes i know. seterika. that time mana i tau. if mak were to sebut iron sekalipun, i've already got confused on the spelling. then at another time, in my test, i corrected my teacher's spelling. SELFISH became SELL FISH. so org yg pentingkan diri sendiri, jadik tokeh ikan. hahaha.. stupid me..

while i was in SKLK, i became the quite good english student. my essay on my english teacher, mrs wong, was posted on the "good work" section. bangga seh. padahal ntah apa je i tulis time tu. dia suh tulis 5 sentences essay. so i bantai apa pun. time tu rasa terer la sikit kononnya.

SMLK was not a big difference. same faces, more or less the same people. so english was still not my main liking. until my good buddy, sherry came. dia memang minah salehlah. speaking london tak sudah. she got so popular for that. ntah macam mana i boleh baik ngan dia. dialah supplier mills & boon. hehehe.. and i still remember naming nickel as part of my body. bodonyerrrrr..

while working in metrojaya, i had experience with one customer that was not satisfied with my english. she told me "u better start learning english. i couldnt understand what u're saying" memang gile punya malu la time tu. rasa macam nak keje sambil pakai paper bag.. but it was her that encourage me to learn proper english.

now, english i cam ok la. like my lecturer said. there are 3 types of people in english learning. one with both speaking & writing skill. one with only speaking skill and the other one absolutely the one with good writing skill. i cant decide in which group i belong to. i still have fear & over concern on my english. terlalu menyusun ayat, sampai ayat i jadik tonggang langgang. kadang2 dah sebut baru pasan salah grammar.

but the best of all is the expression of love from my non-fellow-friend-ship, am. the story, our lecturer suh buat ayat pakai segala grammar yg ada. then this guy, he came out with this:

my mother makes love to me everyday

adohai.. sebodo-bodo i, i rasa i pandai lagi daripada dia nih. harharhar.. (appreciation to mills & boon)

No comments: