Tuesday, November 17, 2009

oh pembantu


hari ni my maid (and my son) kena marah. sebabnya, pintu bilik terkunci & she didn't inform me. yes.. it is so the remeh the temeh. but i was so geram. itu hari bila adam nangis sebab spongebob habis, boleh pulak dia kol. hari ni bila pintu kunci tak boleh kol pulak? kot kunci yg i ada tu tak leh guna untuk pintu bilik, guano cito? takkan nak panggil org pecah pintu? and when i asked her that question, her answer was "saya ingat cik ada kuncinya". aih.. main ingat2 aje.

fortunately, kunci umah yg i ada tu, boleh pakai untuk bilik. itupun when i mumbled, "nasib baik boleh bukak pakai kunci ni, kalo tak boleh tadi?". she replied, "saya udah cuba kunci saya, tapi tak boleh". dah ada aku nak kasik pulak kunci bilik aku kat enko? ala-la-la-la-la...

i asked her, why didn't she notify me? she said, "nanti adam takut dimarahi". wahh.. jawapan itu sangat membuatkan saya berang. i told her "ini anak saya. saya mama dia. saya tahu macam mana saya nak didik anak saya. kalau dia buat salah, kalau dia patut kena marah, dia akan kena marah. kenapa kamu nak selindung dia?". she cried..

an incident happened much earlier whereby adam was playing in her room and the whole langsir with the pemidai @ penggantung (ke apa nama dia??) jatuh. she didn't tell me. i was watching tv, suddenly benda tu jatuh dari its hiding place. adam immediately cried even before i scolded him. and still she didn't tell me what happened but only informed that adam was playing in her room and the thing fell down.

so today i told her.. no matter what happens, whether or not it is adam's fault, her fault or anybody's fault; she has to tell me. i would then justify untuk marah or not to marah. i told her that she's my trustee that has the responsibility to look over my kid and kids soon. but if she can't even bother to tell me such thing like this, how am i suppose to put my trust on her when she has my baby with her? and worst still, baby can't talk. baby can only cry. and this made she cried some more..

i have to express my frustation. i didn't mean to scold her. i didn't mean to make her cry. i wouldn't want that situation if i were to be her as well. i understand her intention was good. she's taking a good care of adam. but she has to tell me. she has to keep me informed.

another thing that i highlighted was on groceries. i've already told her that she needs to tell me if beras habis; sayur dah takde; sos dah tinggal sikit; sabun basuh kain dah tak cukup. because we have to think about unplanned occasion that might take place. i might invite friends and family for lunch or dinner. what would happen if i dont have enough things in my dapur and tetamu are already on their way? how to basuh baju if sabun dah habis? i told her that i knew beras dah habis since sunday and she has yet to inform me about that. even when i asked to cook nasik today, and i asked if the beras was still enough, she said yes without checking. i didn't have anything to say upon hearing her response...

i like my maid. she's wonderful. she's helpful. my family likes her. and she has yet to make any of my baju bocor. alhamdulillah.. knock-knock; touch wood. but small-small things like this la.. it got into my nerve. i'm not trying to be cerewet or anything near that. it might be small to you, but it the impact might be greater on me. like i told her, "cara kamu fikir, mungkin tidak sama dengan apa yang saya fikir"

i told her, my responsibility over her is even greater than my responsibility over adam. at least adam is my son. but she's not. she's neither my relative nor siblings and not even my darah daging. i am answerable to her parents should anything happen to her. and i dont know her parents. making her cry made me feel worst. i am not some kind of majikan yg amik screwdriver dera maid. i'm not any human being that would amik air panas siram maid. i'm not that type. i know my limitation.

i even told her that i dont like adam & ammar to play in her room because i want them to respect her privacy area. and she did comment "cik pun masuk bilik itu". wahh.. menjawab! "ya! saya masuk sebab saya perlu amik barang saya di dalam bilik itu. tetapi saya tidak ganggu tempat kamu tidur. kerana saya hormat ruang peribadi kamu. saya tidak suka budak2 ini lompat2 atas katil saya atau main dalam bilik. sebab itu ruang rehat saya," i replied. then only she told me that she already tegur adam but adam didn't want to listen. so i told her "sebab kamu tidak pernah beritahu saya.. jadi saya tidak tahu. sama seperti barang2 kamu. sabun kamu, shampoo kamu. jika sudah habis, kamu tidak beritahu saya, macam mana saya mau belikan?" she nodded and wiped her tears.

i hope she will understand why i had to voice things out and why i had to express my concern. things wrapped up with i gave her a hug and expressed my apology & hope.

ya Allah.. ko ampunkanlah dosa hambaMu ini..

No comments: