Sunday, January 10, 2010

maid in surabaya

nope! it's not jennifer lopez's new movie :P my maid has returned to her hometown this morning. only she can decide if it's for good or for a little while..

earlier, she had requested to be sent home for good and we have mutually agreed and bought her ticket for a one way trip on 16th january. somehow, i changed my mind and did some reconciliations. mainly after:

1) i looked at madē when we were discussing on how to move things forward and then i realized that i'm giving him another "little" trouble. no, he was not complaining. he's not that type of person. but when he said "it's ideal if i got another job, u stay with your job and we could get kak liza in to take care of these two kids". i realized, he just wants me to be happy and he wants to improve things as much as he can. along the lines, i also realized that i'm happy to stay with my job though i feel like quitting so that i could take care of my kids. it's best if madē could get a better job but with the current economic situation, i dont feel it's a good idea. he has a good platform, but i'm a little skeptical about him moving around at the moment. and putting kak liza in the pic is brilliant, but it means little money to save :(

2) i had my eyes on alesya the very next morning after my discussion with madē, and thought... "kesian anak mama.. ada tadika boleh jaga abg, tak leh jaga adik. and vice versa. ada tadika boleh jaga dua-dua tapi nanti berlainan tempat." i wished, i hoped, i wanted to quit my job there and then... but if i were to consider a comfortable ground for my two kids, i can't leave now. not at least with shanthi around. if shanthi consider retiring soon, i might be following her footsteps.

3) i had the thinking.. i cant rewind the past. i can wish but i cant expect things to be perfectly done as what i have requested. so i thought, why dont i give the maid another try? after all; no tries, no errors. and to find a very suitable maid is very unlikely. you'd never know who'd be on your doormats. and if i ain't giving her any exposures, how could she learn and have new experience? dont you think so?

hence, i'm keeping my maid and keeping my finger crossed for future. insya Allah.. nothing goes wrong. i've told my maid about my expectations. she's right when she said she doesn't have much to do in my house as some of the house works, myself and madē would rather do it ourselves. thus she'll be staying with my mother for the weekends. what my parents wants her to do during the weekend, it's up to them. as long as my maid is happy and agreeing to the arrangements, it's fine with me. most important is that we could have the weekends for ourselves. madē, myself, adam & alesya :D

the arrangement started yesterday and she got her new watch for helping my mom at her new house. she proudly showed me the watch. on the other hands, the four of us got to spend some valuable time in mothercare bangsar. lucky we were not some big shot. or else, we might have bought the whole shop! yikes!! she's happy i'm happy.

all of us will be waiting "the call" from her. whether she's giving us the bad or good news, we would accept it with open mind. of course we'd hope for her to return, but if that's against her mom & dad's saying, i hope we could find the best solutions.

insya-Allah.. every skies has it silver lining... :D


2 comments:

kufee said...

Adehh,,,kalau pasal maid nie,,bleh buat drama berepisodes,,kalau Nur Kasih,,,,,,,take easy my friend !

anne rafei said...

nur kasih pun tak tercelen. kisah maid ni ibarat cite bollywood yang tangkap nangis leleh + sembilu the movie.

letih!