Thursday, January 04, 2007

confessions of a shopaholic

kut got me the first book of shopaholic's collection - thanks dear. i started reading yesterday and today i stopped on chapter 6.

to tell the truth, i feel like reading my own diary. i feel like sophie is telling me "yes.. i'm writing about u, urself and all u". gosh!

since working in the shopping-mall-office-tower, i couldn't stop buying things. there's always things go buy, every single day indeed. and there's always tag says "SALE". and worst still "70% discount" or "clearance. all must out".

i started out with hallmarks for adam. then i moved to mothercare. and now i'm often in marks & spencer. o-la-la..

1st month working, i got myself 2 pairs of elle's shoes. then i got myself a handbag from M&S. then i bought myself a jumper from mothercare that cost me capital two with double zero and thirty percent discount tag. not forgetting braun buffel's handbags, before i'm off to M&S lingerie. and today i bought myself a M&S pyjama - with discount tag, of course.

uik.. all for myself ka?

i tried to scale down my purchases. don't go out for lunch. go for gym instead. but yet... the entrance to all the bargain areas are always calling up my name. with credit cards' amount mounting up, i've told myself to STOP. but still.......

should i carry on reading this book or should i just tell kut i knew the ending already? becky will marry a good guy whom not so fond of throwing out his money for unnecessary (except for some IT gadgets) things. then she will be asked to list down all her expenses. and her husband will tell her to stop spending because her expenses are now over her monthly salary.

harharhar

2 comments:

Yam said...

Anna :)

I LOVEEEEEEEE shopaholics series.
Hehehe.. I can relate to some parts of the book.. (err, rasanya ramai women out there who should be able to relate to this book hhihiih..)

I like the way Sophie Kinsella writes. Rasa cam baca diary sendiri / kisah hidup sendiri, kan?

Hehehe...

anne rafei said...

kak yam,

exactly! tu yg rasa cam tak sanggup nak baca lagi tu.. hahaha