Monday, October 17, 2011

she's my mother too..


We spent last weekend in the Gleneagles Resort Medical Centre. Kids are getting better and now mama pulak terbatuk-batuk. They were admitted since Thursday after having fever for quite a while. Doc believed they were having the same viral fever but were attacked differently. Adam on his lung and Alesya on her big round tummy. Hehe..

We were ready to pack up and go home when I suddenly had a text message:

my mom dah x de

A simple text and yet the impact was hard. It was from Ayu, a good friend from my primary years.

The memory started to reminisce.

She, knew I like soto. And will without fail had me on her mind whenever she has a pot of soto on her kitchen top.

She, cared about me and she knew where had I been, what had I been doing – without seeing me for a while.

She, is Ayu’s mother.

Makcik passed away peacefully yesterday at about 3pm dan telah selamat dikebumikan selepas Maghrib semalam juga.

Now, I feel ralat sebab, this year; somehow I didn’t go to her house for hari raya. Her house is a must in our Hari Raya visiting list. Tapi entah.. Kenapa tak sampai… Bukannya jauh pun.

Ralat jugak sebab every now and then, bila balik dari AEON or whenever I pass through her house, I had the thought of visiting her, but yet.. I kept on procrastinating.

And yesterday, I did visit her, but when I can no longer salam and bergurau senda. I can no longer have a taste of her cooking. I can no longer feel her warmth and motherly cares.

I am missing Makcik already L

Ayu, whenever you’re reading this, it’s not you alone dear… I lost a mother; she is like my mother too…

You take care Ayu, dear..

And Makcik, semoga Allah tempatkan Makcik di sisiNya dan di tempatkan bersama mereka yang disayangiNya. Amin. Al-fatihah

No comments: