Monday, October 31, 2011

what a DAY!

i woke up at 5.47am and i slept again, and woke up again at 6.10am.

then i couldn't find my handphone. at the side of my bed, under the pillow, in the kitchen, anywhere. i even tried to call, but the line was unavailable. so my mind started to unwind.

we spent our evening in kak ti's house. i sent and received sms. i recall receiving latest sms in the car, on our way back home. that was because alesya alerted me, "mama.. mama.. mama" and refused to stop until i checked on my phone. i remember got down from the car, trying to locate where had the kucing berak this time because the bau was soooooo busuk. i remember looking back at the car. i know i didn't drop my handphone. i got in, and i reached for magazines while laying on the bed. i didn't want to access to my FB as i know i'll be carried away. then i slept with alesya.

ok. that was so far that i can recall on my handphone.

my morning continued. i got into the car with adam's phone. i asked made to send budak-budak punya bakul later as i was running short of time. i reached opah's house, i passed alesya to her, i started my car again, and suddenly the indicator started to made noise and showed "coolant level too low". aik?? semalam dah isi air. aiyo.. i drove with the temperature of the car suddenly hiked to 90 and the blinking next to it didn't go off. i called made. he wanted to come over, but i told him, i'll ask hairul to look after it. Now, kereta la pulak...

i reached my destination and my mind was still on the phone. where could it be? i remember looking at the phone and i saw the battery has 44% to dead end. so i should have enough until i recharge it in the office the next day. but how come it was off? made called kak ti, and she said there was no sign of my phone. alah...

hairul called me and said he's free to check on the car. so we went. i showed him the indicator and the blink-blink i had. next 15 minutes, we spent on trying to find the unlock button for the bonnet!!! siap bukak car manual book okeh?!! so you out there.. 101 lesson is to find your car front bonnet's button. do not assume everything is under the pilot's chair or on the dashboard. from the manual we learnt that my car's bonnet button is at the co-pilot's door. hebat! hebat! kereta perancis ni memang hebat!!!! as hairul trying to open the bonnet, he saw a cap. a cap to what, everybody? YES!!! the cap for the coolant. my dearest husband has forgotten to cap it back after he poured half a bottle of spritzer mineral water into the coolant bottle (or whatever it may be called)yesterday. at this point, i tell you; i'm half exhausted thinking of what's going to happen next. but syukran jazeelan that we found the cap and the coolant indicator did not make any noise when i drove off to pick up adam.

later, i was late to pick up adam. there was an accident along ulu kelang highway and one stupid honda drove at 30km/h on the fast lane. ntah apa yang dia syok sangat bawak keta sebegitu lembab di kala orang nak cepat ni. i arrived adam's school about 10 minutes later than my usual time. adam's first question was "mama.. why were you late?". no appropriate answer for now. then he showed me his next two results. english dapat A. bahasa arab dapat B. ok. there goes his chance in getting and iPad. he was frustrated. sian anak mama.. well... as i was speaking to made just now, we probably will still buy him an iPad kot. kesian dekat dia duduk kat rumah opah tu takde entertainment. kalau ada budak sama baya tak pelah jugak. anyhow, we'll think more about it.

started my second half for my with a call from a colleague asking me to check on the tax payment that i made for the sub teachers back in june, july this year. apparently there was a hick up and we might have to pay penalty. adoh!!!!!!!! i didn't look at the files immediately. and i hoping for the payment had be made and there was a mistake in the account. nak mengadap bos lagi.. at that moment, i lost count of my adoi already!

thought on handphone came again. sayangnya gambar-gambar alesya and adam... mmmmm....

then i received a phone call. that time, i was.. "ok.. apa lagi ni?" this colleague is submitting the teacher's absence list. despite emailing it to me, she asked the dispatch to hand carry and told me that the signed copy will reach me on wednesday. i told her, an email will do. after the boss has signed it, then only she can pass the listing the me, in hard copy. her argument was "nanti u nak tengok hardcopy". haloo! how stupid can you be? i cannot print from the email lah?? ahhhh fine.. suka hati kaulah!!

i did this and that, then i thought, might as well check the tax file now and report it to my boss. i checked and double checked and i was at fault. ya allah! beratnya dugaan untuk hari ni. i was trying to find the courage to talk to my boss when she told me that she has a closed door meeting and please do not disturb. and i saw the meeting attendees, i could sense her tense! alamak...... till the end of my working hours, i was not able to catch her. she was still in a tensed meeting as i walked out of the office door.

the traffic was building up in front of the school so i took jalan belakang and exit at the china embassy. i made a u-turn and yes, i know the lampu was red. and this honda (or toyota) memula macam nak bagi masuk, tak alih lepas tu nak marah-marah and showed me the red light. kecohlah lu apek!!! lu nak jalan, jalan ajelahhhhhh.. lu pun potong jalan orang lain, nak cakap banyak. ok. panas hati part ke... mmmm.. berapa ntah..

arrived melawati to send alin's parcel. singgah the stationery shop to get the bubble envelope. first budak kedai tu tak paham apa menda bubble envelope. second, i requested for the right size to fit in the kotak, dia boleh mendengus pulak. alahai dek....... i've had enough dah ni dek....

now, address dapat, poskod pulak takde. so i thought, the people in the post office would be able to assist. after all, they are working in the POST OFFICE kan? i got to pinjam the manual poskod book, carik punya carik, takde pulak jalan dr. nazrin shah. hish! i asked the guy at the poslaju counter, "saya carik poskod jalan dr. nazrin shah, takde. can u help me?".

"saya boleh carik poskod aje kak, nama jalan saya tak tau"

"yelah.. saya ada nama jalan. she's staying at the impiana hotel. but i do not have her postcode"

"call la dia"

"she didn't know neither. she is not a local"

"saya tak boleh tolonglah kak"

bodoh eh? rasa nak lempang aje budak itu. bukan ko keje kat POST OFFICE? bukan ko boleh check online ke?

pemalas!

so i made the decision as i said "she needs the parcel urgently, you tell me what postcode do you want me to fill in?"

"akak letak ajelah 30000"

see..... seeeeeee...... he can give me a number. and as i glanced back at the postcode book, perak punya poskod starts with 30xxx. so he basically has an idea and he could have suggested to me rather than boiled up the angry birds inside me. kan??? ok............. the charge was rm7.30. i gave him rm50. i heard the "huh". i have the precise rm7.30, but for that guy, lantak kau lah!

i picked up the kids. oh! lupa nak cerita. lepas pick up adam from school tadi, dia mengadu gigi sakit. gigi is up to cabut already. and 2 gigi. hahaha..

parked kereta. masuk rumah. lock everything. started the washing machine. then i told adam, "can you look after adik for me? i want to search for my phone".

"ok mama.. i'll help you"

first, the nearest pillow. raba-raba. takde.

second, the side of the bed. again. handphone takde. rm100 ada. duit si ad la kot. ok. rezeki.

third, i saw cecelia ahern's story book. my thought - bila pulak aku baca buku ni. i lifted it up and.....

tadaaaaaaa

my phone!!!!!

alhamdulillah!!!!

now i'm hungry. baru perasan makan roti aje pagi tadi. letih memikirkan nasib badan. ok. now nak makan, mandi, solat, bersyukur + berdoa panjang sikit hari ni, and tido.

now, i am COMPLETELY exhausted..



u think my day has settled?

no!!!!!

as i finished typing, published my post, getting ready to step into the toilet. azan maghrib berkumandang. and i have not solat asar!!!

ok.. i want my bantal, and i want to sleep. i dont want anything to happen on october 31, 2011 anymore. nope. nope. i'm done.

i want to sleep

but i'm hungry.

aloh....

1 comment:

Adrina Adi said...

kasihan ko Anne. tough day huh?

just pray for a better day tomorrow.

cheer up.